This tour is dedicated to those looking for a unique experience to one of the most visited attractions in Albania. Guided by a fun and knowledgeable driver/guide we aim to tell you the secrets hidden in the city walls and introduce with the local culture. It is believed that Berat is one of 10 oldest continuously inhabited settlements in Europe and it castle reveal the history of Greek, Roman to Ottoman civilizations. The historical center of the town is one of the most important UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Albania. Agriculture is based mostly on vineyards and olives and Berat countryside is known for its endemic varieties. We are happy to take you to Roshnik village where you can enjoy the local wine and partake in an authentic culinary experience at the family restaurant.
This one day private trip is perfect as a ‘escape’ from your leisure vacations or part of your multi-day trip in Albania.
- Fun and knowledgeable English speaking driver/guide during the trip.
- Transport by 4WD vehicle. Fuel included.
- Entry fee at Berat Castle and Iconographic Museum.
- Wine tasting at Roshnik.
- Local taxes and fees.
Tirana- Berat- Tirana
- Meet at your hotel in Tirana and drive south to Berat(approx. 2h drive)
- Visit of the castle quarter and tour the National Iconographic Museum named by the 16th century painting headmaster, Onufri. Take a walk to enjoy the view of the old quarters Mangalem and Gorica and learn about the stories of this unique town.
- Drive for 15km to Roshnik village where Fiska family will welcome us to their agro-tourism farm. Take a walk on the vineyard and then taste the wine before enjoying traditional lunch at the character restaurant owned by the family.
- Depart to Tirana(or elsewhere) at the end of the trip.
Need to Know
- The total driving is approx. 4 hours. We’ll use comfortable and spacey A/C vehicle.
- The price of this tour depends of the amount of participants. Please contact to discuss the pricing.
- We can organize the tour as a single or integrate to your multi day tour of Albania.